The following article contains information for Queensland businesses and is relative to the information provided by https://www.business.qld.gov.au/ as of June 17th 2020.
*This funding round may only be open for a short period due to demand and will close when the funding allocation is anticipated to be exhausted.
Check Your Eligibility
The Government Grant
The Queensland government will be rolling out stage 2 of the business adaption grant program to businesses in South-East Queensland. There are a multitude of benefits that become available to businesses in this location which has suffered due to the effects of COVID-19.
The available grant amount is a minimum of $2,000 and up to a maximum of $10,000 per eligible small or micro businesses in Queensland’s South-East.
The Aim of the Grant
- Create or retain employment.
- Prepare Queensland for the safe resumption of trading during the post COVID-19 recovery.
- Continue to meet operating costs.
- Access digital marketing options to rebuild business operations and transition to a new option of doing business.
- Respond to online opportunities, where possible, to sustain employment and maintain potential for longer-term growth.
- Up-skill and re-skill business staff to derive benefits from new technologies or business models.
- Embrace business diversification to adapt and sustain operations
In recognition of the significant impacts of COVID-19 on small businesses, the funding can be used towards the following:
- Strategic planning, financial counselling or business coaching aligned to business development and diversification.
- Continuing to meet business operational costs including utilities, council rates, rent, telecommunication charges, insurance fees, licensing or franchise fees.
- Building the business through marketing and communications activities (e.g. content development – web pages, mobile apps, visual and audio media etc.).
- Financial, legal or other professional advice to support business sustainability and diversification.
- Digital/technological strategy development.
- Digital training or re-training and up-skilling employees to adapt to new business models.
- Capital costs associated with meeting COVID-19 safety requirements.
- Specialised digital equipment or business specific software to move business operations online (e.g. logistics program for online ordering).
Please note: According to https://www.business.qld.gov.au the Grant funds can be used towards any of the above activities occurring from 23 March 2020 onwards, keeping in mind the project must be completed within a maximum of 6 months from the date of approval.
To be eligible, businesses must:
- Have been subject to closure or otherwise highly impacted by current shutdown restrictions announced by Queensland’s Chief Health Officer on 23 March 2020.
- Demonstrate to have experienced a minimum 30% decline since 23 March 2020, over a minimum 1-month period due to the onset and management of COVID-19.
- Employ staff and have fewer than 20 employees at the time of applying for the grant (employees must be on a payroll and does not include the business owner(s)).
- Have a valid Australian Business Number (ABN) active as at 23 March 2020.
- Be registered for GST.
- Have a Queensland headquarters.
- Have an annual turnover over $75,000 for the 2018–19 or 2019–20 financial year, or can provide financial records that show this will be met for recently started small businesses.
- Have a payroll of less than $1.3 million.
- Not be insolvent or have owners or directors that are an undischarged bankrupt.
South East Queensland businesses may be eligible if their principal place of business is located in 1 of the below local government areas:
- Brisbane City Council
- City of Gold Coast
- Sunshine Coast Council
- Ipswich City Council
- Logan City Council
- Noosa Shire Council
- Toowoomba Regional Council
- Redlands City Council
- Moreton Bay Regional Council
- Scenic Rim Regional Council
- Lockyer Valley Regional Council
- Somerset Regional Council
- Toowoomba Regional Council.
How to apply
Round 2 will open on 1 July 2020
This funding round may only be open for a short period due to demand and will close when the funding allocation is anticipated to be exhausted.
Regional Queensland and South East Queensland will have independent funding allocations and may close at different times.
Get ready to apply by completing the following steps.
- Check your eligibility to:
- find out if you are eligible to apply for round 2
- confirm your business location
- subscribe to be alerted when round 2 opens.
- Read the application guidelines, frequently asked questions (FAQs) and application tips.
- Prepare your application and supporting documentation ready to submit when round 2 opens.
- After round 2 opens, return to business.gov.au to lodge an online application (only available after the round opens).
The QLD government state: ‘Funding will be paid upon approval of your grant application. Applicants will have 6 months to complete their projects and must acquit the total amount of funding received.’
Are you looking for digital marketing services? Website Development Australia can provide the best in-house website development, social media marketing, SEO and Google Ads services for the most cost effective prices.
Find out more about our COVID-19 Digital Marketing Packages today.